The Foundation for Refugee Students UAF provides financial and other support to refugees and asylum seekers who plan to study in the Netherlands.
This support consists of:
- Scholarships and contributions towards the costs of the preparation and of the studies.
- Individual advice and guidance by student counsellors.
- Support to graduated UAF studentsin finding a job.
- Advice to governmental and educational institutions about suitable paths for higher educated refugees.
Consult the English information leaflet for more information. On the right side of this page you find our leaflet in other languages.
Requirements and registration
In order to qualify for UAF support, candidates should meet a number of requirements. You can register with UAF for support if you:
- have requested asylum in The Netherlands;
- are in an asylum procedure
or have received a residence permit less than 8 years ago;
- have a secondary education diploma or have followed at least 12 years of school education;
- speak Dutch at level B1, or English or French. Please note: Only in certain cases does UAF support studies that are in English. In that case, a level B1
in Dutch is still required for registration with UAF);
- wish to study at a university (WO) or university of applied science (hbo) or wish to follow a senior secondary vocational training course (mbo) at level 3 or 4.
Download the registration form in English.
Watch this short video for an impression of UAF and our students